Pages

Sunday 19 December 2010

Thriller Ident and Logo

Last night, I began drawing ideas for our thriller ident. I soon realised that the major filming companies used a still image, with a moving background. For example, Warner Bros. use their logo, with flies into shot. The logo then remains still, whilst the background continues moving. This would be easy to do using Photoshop and Livetype. I would draw the design on Photoshop, and save the image as a .png file, so that areas of the image could stay transparent. Livetype supports .png files, so I would upload the image into the software, and use the various effects to make it come into screen.
I would then apply an animated background, so that the background is moving, and the logo is stationery.
I think it's a good idea to mimic the well-renowned companies, as they set the standards that everyone has to match. Moreover, we'd like to put our own stamp on our ident and logo; we're still young, and we don't want the ident and logo to be completely serious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment sensibly. Thank you.