Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Audience Feedback

To estimate how successful our thriller was, we asked several people for their opinions on our opening. We will try to show our findings in a variety of ways, as this will allow us to gain an in-depth and detailed response.

After showing our thriller opening to several people, we asked three people to answer some questions for us. The three people were of different ages: 17, 21 and 38. Moreover, two of the participants were female, whilst one was male. Below are the results.

What did you enjoy the most about the thriller?

Female, 17
"I enjoyed the scene where the girl was walking, trying to get a signal and then running back. I liked this because the editing matched the pace of plot, and built up tension."

Male, 21
"I liked the shots of the stalker's eyes, as it made us realise that the stalker was following the girls, and getting closer and closer to them."

Female, 38
"I like the opening, as I could see what was happening with the stalker, whilst the girls were setting off. This made me understand that the two sets of characters were related, and hinted at them meeting at some point in the film."

How do you think we could have improved the opening?

Female, 17
"I would have liked to have seen more of the other two girls, rather than the main one. I didn't really get to know them that much, and then they disappeared."

Male, 21
"The stalker's weapon was a bit unrealistic. I don't see how he managed to attack the two girls with his bare hands and a small piece of rope."

Female, 38
"The section where the girls walk from the house to the camp site is slightly slow. Maybe it would have been better to quicken it a bit."

Would you watch the remainder of the film?

Female, 17
"Yes, I want to see if the main girl dies or not."

Male, 21
"Yes. I want to know who the stalker is, and what happened to the two girls that went missing."

Female, 38
"No. Unfortunately, I don't see how the story could develop and continue for an extra hour or so."

Judging by the response from the three participants, the thriller opening was a success. As suspected, it was least successful with the eldest participant - the thriller was not aimed at her age group, therefore, we believed that she would be least likely to enjoy the thriller.

We asked these participants, and the others that watched the thriller, to state a few words that summed up our thriller. Using these words, I created a wordle, which clearly shows all the words used, and their popularity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment sensibly. Thank you.