Pages

Monday 15 November 2010

Analysis of Past Student's Work

Today in class, we were shown three thriller openings from the previous years AS Level students. We were asked to critique them, and discuss what we liked, disliked, and what grade we would award the thriller with. Furthermore, we were also asked to give the thriller and mark out of ten for the following categories:

  • Idea
  • Cinematography
  • Sound/Music
  • Performance

    This thriller was my favourite from the three shown. I enjoyed the build up of tension, and the various shots used. I thought that the storyline was not predictable, and was kept on the edge of my seat during the action scene.
    Idea: 8/10
    Cinematography: 9/10
    Sound/Music: 8/10
    Performance: 8/10


    I thought this thriller was slightly lack-lustre in comparison with the first. I thought the storyline was slightly confusing, as I wasn't sure who the girl was in relation to the flashbacks.
    Idea: 7/10
    Cinematography: 7/10
    Sound/Music: 8/10
    Performance: 6/10



    This was my least favourite of the three thriller shown. I disliked the use of only one piece of music, as it made the piece seem repetitive. Moreover, I didn't like the use of the old-fashioned black and white, as it looked rather cliché.
    Idea: 7/10
    Cinematography: 6/10
    Sound/Music: 5/10
    Performance: 7/10

    Overall, I think each thriller isn't perfect, and I feel as though I can take inspiration from all three pieces, and hopefully produce a thriller of a high standard.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please comment sensibly. Thank you.