Pages

Monday 10 January 2011

Script Research

A script is needed for our thriller opening, even if the opening only contains a small amount of dialogue. To gain knowledge of how to write a script, I looked at a few examples.

In class, I looked through the script of North by Northwest and was surprised to see an extremely detailed script, with lots of accurate and precise description. I decided to look at other scripts too, to see if there was some sort of trend that would run through out.
I then looked at the script for The Manchurian Candidate, which was laid out in a similar fashion to North by Northwest.


To see if there was any change between animated and non-animated movies, I looked at the script of Toy Story, and that there was very little difference.
As our production is only for the opening two minutes, I decided to look at the script for the pilot episode of Prison Break. The pilot episode would have to catch the attention of the viewer in the opening scenes, as well as introduce the characters. Therefore, I thought it was appropriate to look at the script.

The link to the scripts can be found below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment sensibly. Thank you.